Just about any restaurant has menu items that, with a special request or two, can be healthier than most. But, isn’t it great when you order something and know that you will be able to stay within your calorie needs? Here are some restaurants that have those healthier options:
- Cheesecake Factory Weight Management Salads – Each of these salads under 590 calories: Asian ChickenSalad, Spicy Chicken Salad, or Pear and Endive Salad. I had the Spicy Chicken Salad the other day, and it was great! For more information, click here.
- Applebee’s Weight Watcher’s Meals – Did you know you can get a sensible meal at Applebee’s? Each is marked on the menu with its Weight Watchers Point count. These include Garlic Herb Chicken (7 points), Cajun Lime Tilapia (6 points), Chili-Lime Chicken Salad (5 points), Steak & Portabellos (7 points), and Italian Chicken Portabello Sandwich (7 points).
- Red Lobster’s Lighthouse Menu – Most seafood is naturally low in fat and calories, so it’s delightful that Red Lobster has highlighted those items that are prepared and served in a way to make healthy eating so easy. For example, their half-portion of salmon has just 265 calories. Add asparagus or broccoli for under 60 calories. Check out these and other Lighthouse menu items.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Romano’s Macaroni Grill has lightened up many of their recipes with the national launch of their new Italian Mediterranean menu. This Mediterranean style of cooking is featured in seven new recipes and fourteen improved recipes. Choices include: Warm Spinach Salad – 380 cals, Roasted Vegetables (Antipasti) – 330 cals, Capellini Pomodoro – 390 cals, Shrimp Portofino, dinner – 560 cals, Scallops & Spinach Salad – 420 cals, Chicken Cannelloni – 600 cals, Spaghetti Bolognese, dinner – 570 cals, Grilled Chicken Spiedini – 360 cals, Jumbo Shrimp Spiedini – 290 cals, Pollo Caprese – 550 cals, and Simple Lemon Pound Cake – 250 cals.
- Chili’s Guiltless Grillers – Check out these six complete meals at under 750 calories and 25 grams of fat. I love’em. Each entree, such as this Guiltless Carne Asada Steak is served with steamed seasonal veggies and Parmesan cheese. Other Guiltless Grill choices include honey mustard glazed or grilled salmon, buffalo or grilled chicken, chicken platter, black bean burger, or cedar plank tilapia.
Dr. Jo is the author of the book, Dining Lean – how to eat healthy when you’re not at home. For those people who just want to cut to the chase and find out what to order, she’s developed Dr. Jo’s Eat Out & Lose Weight wallet cards. For more information, go to http://www.drjo.com/books.htm.