No time for breakfast is no longer an excuse. There are so many fast food breakfast sandwiches that you can grab and go.
While breakfast is the most important meal of the day most of us rush through morning without bothering to refuel. As I discuss in my book, REBOOT – how to power up your energy, focus, and productivity, breakfast is critical to recover from the nightly fast. It refills your glycogen stores for lasting energy, boosts your metabolism, and powers up your brain. If you’re concerned about your weight, don’t cut out breakfast. It turns out that breakfast eaters tend to be leaner than those that skip for lots of reasons. One is that it helps to keep your appetite in check.
No Time to Prepare a Meal? Grab One of These Breakfast Sandwiches
- Chick-fil-A Egg White Grill (300 calories, 25g protein)
- Einstein’s Asparagus, Mushrooms, Swiss, Egg White on Thin Wheat (390 calories, 21g protein)
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffin (300 calories, 17g protein) or Egg White Delight (250 calories, 18g protein)
- Panera’s Ham, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Power Sandwich (340 calories, 23g protein)
- Panera’s Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Spinach Breakfast Power Sandwich (390 calories, 26g protein)
- Starbucks Bacon, Gouda & Egg Breakfast Sandwich (370 calories, 18g protein)
- Spinach & Feta Egg White Breakfast Wrap (290 calories, 19g protein) or ask for them to make Oatmeal with steamed nonfat milk
- Subway Ham, Egg, Cheese (400 calories, 25g protein)
If the breakfast sandwiches are shy of the recommended 20-30g protein (for satiety and optimal muscle development), pair these sandwiches with a glass of milk, cup of yogurt, bowl of oatmeal, or a latte.